Tuesday 13 October 2015

Top five Makeup Brushes


Hi Everyone,


Today I am going to be showing you my top five makeup brushes in order. 

Enjoy!

1. Real Techniques Buffing Brush - This brush is my absolute favourite! I will be super sad when the hairs start to come out or if I ever lost it! The only way to get hold of this is by buying the Core Collection set which has four or five brushes in. That was the first set I got and I loved it, especially the buffing brush because it means your makeup blends in so nicely and makes it super easy to apply! This is what I use day in, day out for my foundation and would 100% re-purchase it if I could without having to get the core collection all over again!

2. My next favourite is my Powder brush by Flormar. I bought this because I wanted a stippling brush and I hadn't got the Real Techniques Stippling brush yet so I bought this on holiday because I thought it was cheaper (don't think it was in the end). When I came round to using it I was super sad because I realised it was way too big for a stippling brush (I purchased it for applying foundation) and I suddenly had a Eureka moment that I could use it for powder and now I do everyday as its so big and gets everywhere to apply my powder so yay I found a use for it!

3. Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush - This is for sure my favourite eyeshadow brush that I could not live without, I got this in the eyeshadow set from Real Techniques which I had been wanting for so long! I would seriously recommend anyone getting this eyeshadow brush set as it makes your eye makeup look a lot more professional and it also makes it easier to do. Out of the five brushes that come in the set this one is my favourite because its quite small so it can fit in the crease of the eyelid or on the base of the lid and I couldn't imagine doing my eyeshadow without it!

4. This brush is from Benefit and came with a powder. I never used it for powder as it is tiny but I soon realised I could use it for the Bronzer I apply on my cheekbones when I 'attempt' to contour! It is perfect because the brush itself is so small and think it literally sweeps over my cheekbones and really defines them. I couldn't find the actual link of where to buy this as I'm not sure if Benefit sell it separately to the powder but the link shows a picture. I then carry on with my Real Techniques Contour Brush (Smooth transition onto my next brush) 

5. Real Techniques Contour Brush - This contour brush comes in handy when I want to blend in my attempted contour as the lines I create are usually way too harsh so I then have to blend them. That's all I use this for but without it I would be pretty stuck!


I know a lot of these were real techniques which for some of you reading may be quite expensive but they are really worth it and I can't imagine doing my makeup without decent brushes. I really think these are worth the money if you are someone who wears makeup a lot and would get use out of them like me! Also Christmas is coming up so you can always put them on your wish-list!

I hope you enjoyed this blogpost!

H xo




No comments:

Post a Comment