Sunday 25 October 2015

Halloween Makeup Tutorial - Backwards Skeleton

Hi Everyone,

So today I was feeling extremely creative and was really in the mood to try out some Halloween makeup! I am actually very happy with how this look turned out and I kind of made it up as I went along which is why the name is odd because I don't really know what this is! Anyway if you want to see how I made the look then carry on reading!


I am going to be referring to the two Pictures to show you what I used along the way.

For the 'Base Makeup'


A - Benefit Professional Primer
B - Maybelline Anti Age Eraser under eye concealer 
C - Along came Betty All Concealed Concealer Kit 
D - Real Techniques Stippling Brush
E - No.7 Essentially Natural Foundation 'Calico
F - Avon Smooth Minerals powder foundation 
G - Flormar Stippling brush
H - Maybelline Brow drama brow mascara 'dark'
I - Soap and Glory Solar Powder Bronzer
J - Benefit Powder brush (used for contouring) 
K - Real Techniques Contour Brush 

So the first step for this look is to perfect your face base. Your everyday makeup will be fine; here's how I did mine.

1. I used 'A' all over my face to make sure my makeup stayed put all day. 
2. Then I used 'B' under my eyes to cover up any dark circles! 
3. 'C' was used for my blemishes all over my face! 
4. I then used 'D' to blend in 'E'
5. To set all of this I used 'F' with 'G' 
6. Then I brushed through my eyebrows with 'H' 
7. Next I did a bit of bronzer, not too much but just enough to look slightly bronzed using 'I' and 'J'
8. Lastly I blended the bronzer with 'K'

For the 'Halloween Look'


1 - W7 'In the Buff' Palette shade 'Thunder'
2 - Barbara Daly base eyeshadow brush
3 - 17 Palette (the colours don't have names) White eyeshadow
4 - 17 Palette (the colours don't have names) Silver Eyeshadow
5 - 17 Palette (the colours don't have names) Brown eyeshadow
6 - 17 Palette (the colours don't have names) Black eyeshadow
7 - Real Techniques 'Fine Liner Brush'
8 - Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush
9 - Black pencil eyeliner
10 - White pencil eyeliner or lip liner
11 - Black liquid eyeliner
12 - Eco Tools full eyeshadow brush
13 - Real Techniques Detailer Brush
14 - Kiko Red Lipstick '908'
15 - Ted Baker Eyelash Curlers
16 - Natural Collection clear mascara (I always put clear mascara on before black mascara so you don't need this.)
17 - 17 Wild Curls Mascara

Ok so here's a step by step of what to do after you have finished your base makeup; when I say numbers I am referring to the products above.



For YOUR right hand side of your face:

1. Using '6' eyeshadow with '7' brush start from the inner corners of YOUR right eye and draw a circle up and around your eye and finish by bringing the circle to an end in the right hand corner of your eye.
2. Then using '6' eyeshadow and '2' brush shade in the base of your eyelid so your whole eye is filled in and go under the eye, beneath the water line with this colour and this brush. (The underneath doesn't have to be neat)
3. Then using '11' draw a normal everyday cat eye flick, it can be a big dramatic cat flick if you want it to but make sure the cat flick finishes within the black circle of eyeshadow. Also only do a flick, don't go along the top of your eyelid.
4. Next I used '9' to fill in both of my eyebrows even though this is black, you want your eyebrows to look really dark and dramatic. I know I used my brow drama from Maybelline in the base section but that was really subtle so didn't matter. You can choose what you want to do with your brows.
5. Then I used '15' to curl my eyelashes.
6. I applied '16'
7. Then I applied '17' to add more definition to my eyes.


Now for the middle of your face:

1. Using '9' draw a straight thin line down the centre of your face up to the middle of your eyes.
2. Then starting from somewhere along the line you have just drawn, draw a jagged line towards your right eye and make it meet with the inner corner of your eye.
3. Then do the same as above for your left eye.
4. For your nose, you can kind of make it up, I used '9' again as its the easiest to draw with but you can always use liquid eyeliner if you want. Just make your nose look defined by following your nose bone and then shade in the tip of your nose.
5. Continue drawing a line from the tip of your nose, to your mouth, through your mouth and to the bottom of your face again I used '9'.

For YOUR left hand side of your face:

1. Using '6' eyeshadow with '7' brush start from the inner corners of YOUR left eye and draw a circle down and underneath your eye and finish by bringing the circle to an end in the left hand corner of your eye.
2. Then using '1' and '5' eyeshadow and '2' brush shade in the base of your eyelid so your whole eye is filled in and go under the eye in '6' beneath the water line with this colour and this brush. (The underneath doesn't have to be neat)
3. Then using '11' draw a cat eye flick, it can be a big dramatic cat flick if you want it to but make sure the cat flick finishes within the black circle of eyeshadow. I made this sides flick bigger and thicker. Also only do a flick, don't go along the top of your eyelid.
4. I then used '9' to draw two more jagged lines from anywhere from your eye to your eyebrow. You can do as many lines as your like, but I only did this on my left hand side to make it look more dramatic.
5. Then I used '15' to curl my eyelashes.
6. I applied '16'
7. Then I applied '17' to add more definition to my eyes.


For YOUR right hand side of your mouth:
1. I used '13' brush to apply '14' lipstick. You can use lip liner too if you like but I didn't.

For YOUR left hand side of your mouth:
1. So firstly I used '10' to fill in my top and bottom lips.
2. Then I outlined my lips with either '9' or '11'
3. With '9' I drew the outline of the teeth and the extended line to the left of my mouth.
4. Next, with '10' I coloured in all the teeth.
5. Lastly I closed my mouth and crew a line through the middle of my lips from the left to centre to help resemble the skeleton mouth and define it more.


H xo


No comments:

Post a Comment